Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants provide many advantages over dentures and bridges, including:
- Implants are preventative. They can prevent the bone loss and gum recession that often occurs with bridgework and dentures.
- They are cost effective. Since one tooth is replaced instead of the several necessary to install a bridge, dental implants in our West Hollywood office can actually cost less than traditional bridgework.
- Dental implants are conservative. Unlike traditional bridges, adjacent teeth are not needed to support the implant. This means that your dentist will not have to touch the adjacent teeth. They won’t have to be ground down to support crowns like they do for conventional bridges. Your own natural teeth are not compromised.
- They are comfortable. Dental implants function very similar to your natural teeth and are comfortable and stable. This eliminates some of the key problems of dentures including poor fit, gum irritation and pain from nerve compression.
- They are reliable. Dental implants are highly predictable – there are no embarrassing prosthetics that slip or cause speech impediments.
- They are cosmetically esthetic. Implant supported crowns look and feel like your own natural teeth.
- They are preservative. Missing teeth cause bone shrinkage, which can result in a receding jaw line and change in facial structure. Dental implants help prevent deterioration of the jawbone so the patient’s face retains its natural shape and appearance.
If you have broken or missing teeth you owe it to yourself to come in for a free consultation. Don’t live another day with a smile that is less than perfect. Dental implants are a great long term solution and only you will know they are implants as they look and feel just like your real teeth!
Sunset Center for Dental Excellence
9201 Sunset Blvd. # 609
West Hollywood, CA 90069